Sunday, December 18, 2011

Days 3-9: Resources

Looking back, if I had chance to change how I did things in the past year, it would have definitely been the following week.  I made so many careless mistakes that, armed with the knowledge I have now, a lot of things could have been avoided.  But... it doesn't help to dwell on such matters now, its all apart of the game, and everyone pays the price.

In the following week I did the last thing you would ever want to do in this game, and that is to succumb to the paranoia.  At work, I refused to look at any of the safety mirrors, and eventually avoided looking in any reflective surfaces at all, just so I didn't have to have a split second glance of him.  I started triple checking my locks at night, making sure the blinds were always down as well.  After spending a solid twenty minutes on the line calming down the parents whose son pretty much told them he had a stalker after him, I was able to even get my parents to be wary of any suspicious activities.

I thought back to what this "Brainy" had said to me in her first email to me, "use my resources".  So I thought to myself; "Fine, she wants to play that way? Then I'll show her and who ever she is working with my 'resources'."  So the following morning on the ninth day, I took my case to the police.  This is when I met Kristov for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment