Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 1 - 8760 Hours Remain. (Part 4)

Anyways, with that out of the way, one could imagine why going into work on this particular day was awkward.  Of course what made it worse, was the fact that on that particular day, it was the end of my life as I knew it... as well as the day I started seeing him.  It started of with just the feeling of paranoia and feeling like something was off, or even that someone was watching.

I soon was proven wrong however, and that it wasn't my imagination.  I was working in a manufacturing plant for engine parts, so it wasn't really noticeable at first with all the people and machinery, but after time I started seeing it.  In that building, it is necessary to have convex mirrors at intersections of walkways so that one can see the whole area around that spot.

After a while of working there you started having the habit of just automatically looking at the mirrors as you walked past them.  That is when I started seeing him, some tall government looking man with a suit on.  Of course I never saw him when I looked down. Now, this struck me as odd, as I don't remember there being any buzz about Govt. figures coming in to look at a project proposal, and no one dresses that nicely during work, not even the plant manager.

This kept happening throughout the day, and with everything else that had happened, it was a little unnerving.  I asked my Lead Edge about it, one of my bosses so to speak, and he hadn't the faintest clue to what I was talking about. No one had seen a tall guy with a suit walking around the plant.  He then quickly assessed and told me to get more sleep at night since I looked like I was lacking it, and that it was making me loopy.

On the way home, I was quick to realize how foolish I had been being recently.  I have had something similar like this happen to me before when I was younger and didn't get much sleep.  I would start imagining things as well as sleepwalking in which I would do things that I would not remember.  I would be surprised to learn what I did from my parents the following morning.  I was glad I was able to come to this rationale and was going to get a good long nights sleep, that is, before I checked my email.  There was another one from this "Brainy" and it simply said this:

"So, have you started seeing him yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment